Volun-tour Opportunities: Giving Service In The Holy Land
There are many ways to better understand and respect other cultures while traveling.For many faith-based travellers, serving others provides clearer direction about one’s faith and purpose. Volunteers enhance their mission by modeling an example to those they serve.
Let Living Bible Travel help your group select the best path to serve. Together, we will assess your time commitment and your motivations. We will help determine what is right for your congregation and provide opportunities to integrate your spirituality and your work in a manner that best suits your organization’s religious culture.
We can arrange opportunities at nearly every location we visit, e.g.:
- Volunteer at an army base and help paint facilities, distribute food to soldiers, and learn first-hand about the security situation of the region.
- Volunteer at an orphanage and hand out treats to children, visit them in their schools and homes, and help renovate the campus.
- Volunteer at a Fellowship soup kitchen.
- Volunteer at an elderly center. Provide joy and entertainment to the residents.
- Volunteer to pack meals for the needy.
- Volunteer to help immigrants with clothing and items necessary for their new homes.
- Volunteer to help at an archaeological dig.
- Volunteer to care for rare species of animals mentioned in the Bible at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo.
Living Bible Travel can direct your group to a variety of voluntour opportunities throughout Israel. To find out which ones are right for you, contact us today.
“As each has received a gift, employ it in serving one another, as good managers of the grace of God in its various forms. God has taught His people to walk by faith.” (Peter 4:10)
Photo at top of page: Volunteers in field with Project Leket